08 Mar PELUM Kenya Country Working Group Symposium
PELUM Kenya is hereby announcing the Country Working Group Symposium to be held on March 28, 2018 at The Luke Hotel along Thika road.
- PURPOSE OF THE CWG SYMPOSIUM
To showcase what PELUM Kenya Members are doing to increase community resilience and improve livelihood security through the promotion of Agro-Ecological land use and management practices.
- THE OBJECTIVES FOR THE 2018 PELUM KENYA CWG SYMPOSIUMS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- All the 53 PELUM Kenya members to show case their work to each other and to the public by presenting their best agro ecological and sustainable livelihood practices.
- To provide a platform for PELUM-Kenya Member Organizations to share and learn from other members and hence creating a firm foundation and stage for increased
horizontal networking between and among its member organizations.
- To provide an opportunity for the invited stakeholders, who include representatives from the donor communities, diplomats from local embassies, national and county
government to get a broader perspective and understand what PELUM Kenya members are in pursuit of their mission and how they complement the on-going local,
national, regional development flagships / initiatives. These include Vision 2030, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Vision 2063 and the strengthening
- To provide a forum for members of PELUM Kenya to lobby for the recognition of their efforts in development
- To provide an opportunity for members to increase their visibility and thus increasing their organizational profiles.